|Title:||Area Accounting Manager|
JFK Area Accounting Manager
dnata US is the Premier Ground Handler within the United States of America. With operations spanning across 26 cities, dnata US has consistently earned the respect of the customers we serve while driving sustainable product integrity across all divisions.
Ground Handler of the Year - 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.
dnata JFK is currently seeking an Area Accounting Manager Pay compensation is 70K to 110k
This role is the business accounting resource at our operation in Jamaica, New York. This role will be key in partnering with Local Operations and HDQ Management to ensure ongoing compliance of our processes, procedures within our JFK and EWR operations to our corporate and financial governance and authority matrix. Ensuring the transparency and accuracy of reporting of these processes plus working with local and HDQ teams developing improved processes and controls which are in line with our corporate standards and requirements.
The role will be responsible for working alongside the HDQ finance team in the preparation of the periodic financials, forecasts, budgeting for the JFK and EWR operations. The Regional Accounting Manager will also be responsible for AR Collections, Fixed asset Management and Vendor Control. Additionally, the Regional Accounting Manager will support the senior operational management teams at JFK and EWR in provision of analysis both locally and to HDQ for periodic and ad-hoc reporting. In addition to providing financial input to the local senior management team the role will further assist in developing local administration and back-office processes.
The responsibilities of the Regional Accounting Manager will focus on 6 key areas for the JFK business
Ensuring the Integrity of the Procurement Process (Purchase to Pay), to include:
- Review/Audit the day to day compliance of the new EBIS process for requisitions/orders/receipting
- Check orders are being maintained in a timely manner and older orders/items awaiting delivery etc. are followed up and resolved.
- Audit that Query logs are being managed in a timely manner and assist resolving of complex matters as required.
- Ensure an identified list of key vendors is reconciled monthly and all queries/differences are resolved promptly.
- Maintain SLAs for turnaround times for queries management both at local and HDQ
- Being the lead for the implementation of the new ReqLogic system for non-equipment procurement. Ensure compliance to
- Fixed assets register – conduct periodic physical inventory verification in coordination with operations team.
- Engage in pricing & proposal activities- work with the team to provide data
Assisting with maintaining the integrity of the Bill to Receive Process, to include:
- Ensure processes capture as far as possible all ad-hoc services to be billed in a timely manner.
- Review the preparation and completeness of the weekly billing schedules on an ongoing basis to ensure prompt and accurate presentation to the billing team.
- Work with the billing team to provide local resolution of billing queries to ensure timely and accurate invoice presentation.
- Work with billing team, local management and customers on query resolution and timely cash collection.
- Ensure Quarterly SOA reconciliation and confirmation from customers
- Access to salesforce/ SharePoint site for customer contracts for reference
Working with the local HR and Payroll team to ensure continued integrity of the weekly payroll reporting process and assisting them in the change-over project to move payroll from Paychex to ADP. Also audit of timeliness and quality of weekly processes to ensure that employee records, starters/leavers/changes are all maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
Provide HDQ management with transparency as to the compliance to governance, processes and procedures at JFK and carry out informal periodic internal audit samples of transactions in each of the above areas and highlight any key findings to HDQ management.
Working alongside the HDQ finance team in the preparation of the periodic reporting being monthly/quarterly and annual accounts, rolling forecast maintenance and annual budget. Ensuring the accuracy of these financial reports and working with the local team to provide ad-hoc and periodic analysis alongside these.
Business partnering with Regional VP and local management specifically assistance in Financial Analysis and Reporting for regular and ad-hoc reports and queries. Financial input into all local projects, plans. Coordinating and developing the local operational and administration teams in data preparation and developing local back-office processes. Assisting Regional VP with review, query follow up and resolution with local teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of office technology, proficiency with accounting software, computer skills in Excel QuickBooks, ERP systems.
- Process optimization, business efficiency, analysis of processes/procedures.
- Strategic, analytical planning.
- Travel as required.
- US Citizen or Eligible to work in the US.
- Must be able to pass background screening to obtain airport badge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field and 8 to 10 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Health/dental/vision; Life and AD&D; Accidental; Critical Illness and Universal Life; Short Term/Long Term Disability; 401k plan; direct deposit and Pay Card payroll program; weekly pay; paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
dnata US is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identify or sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.