Oversees and Supervisors the Fleet Maintenance, Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Department. Is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of GSE per Manager, fleet maintenance and preventive maintenance while ensuring safety and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates activities related to fleet maintenance, ground service equipment, heavy equipment to include operational performance, operational safety, and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Coordinates inspection, repair, and maintenance services to obtain maximum utilization of equipment and prevent operational delays.
- Coordinates activities of personnel involved in repair and maintenance of ground service equipment.
- Directs work schedules to obtain optimum utilization of personnel.
- Assist in the development of training materials, procedural manuals, conducts training and orientation as necessary for the Station’s programs.
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services.
- Assist to develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and other resources.
- Must comply with all company guidelines and policies.
- Is able to meet the Station’s attendance standards.
Manages subordinate Leads and supervise employees in the Ground Service Equipment department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work varying hours/shifts depending on operational needs
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possess/maintain a valid state driver’s license and other FAA/Airport required identification/seals or authorizations
Physical Demands/Work Environement
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to lifting, pulling and pushing heavy items of 75 pounds or more; bending standing, climbing or walking.
Must be able to work safely in an environment containing chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise. Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions.
Two to Five years related experience and/or training.
About dnata US
dnata US is the Premier Ground Handler within the United States of America. With operations spanning across 26 cities, dnata US has consistently earned the respect of the customers we serve while driving sustainable product integrity across all divisions.
Ground Handler of the Year - 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Company Uniforms
- 401K- 50% Match for the first 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer
dnata US is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.